Collections & Holdings
Governmental records for the City of Thomaston & Upson County, manuscripts, historical photographs, genealogy material, and over 200 local history collections are housed within the Thomaston-Upson Archives. See below for further detail.
A general collection of books relating to Upson County and the surrounding area.
- Aerial Photo Maps
- Court Dockets (Records Going Back to 1824)
- Deeds and Mortgages
- Estate Records
- Tax Digests
- Voter Lists
Minutes and Mayor's Court Dockets going back into the 19th century.
- Tax Digests
- Voter Rolls
Both original bound and microfilm copies of Upson County newspapers from 1833 to present.
Listing of our microfilm holdings.
- Bobby C. Smith Collection: A comprehensive collection on Upson County history which includes a large map collection.
- Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR) Collection.
- Gordon R. Holstun's (former school superintendent) collection of school and civic materials.
- Jack Morgan's manuscripts of 180 Upson County pioneer families reflecting a lifetime of genealogical research. Collection includes additional family history donations.
Thomaston Mills Collection
Made possible by a grant provided by the Office of Secretary of State, Georgia Archives, Georgia Historical Records Advisory Board and the Upson Historical Society. This collection encompasses the 100-year history of Thomaston Mills photographs, the company newsletter, Spinning Wheel, mill history, maps and a gamut of material relating to the functioning of these cotton mills are included in this collection. Read a brief history of Thomaston Mills. The Thomaston Mills finding aid was created by Bonnie Smith in 2003 to 2004.
World War II veterans and long-time Upson County residents tell their stories. See World War II Exhibition tab to hear a several short clips.
Lateral Filing Cabinets (Unbound Records)
History of Upson County and Family Genealogies.