The Upson County Magistrate Court Office is open Monday through Friday from 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM. Court is reserved and available for Hearings numerous times most weekdays, as well as during scheduled times on some weekends and holidays, if needed. A Magistrate is on-call at all times to consider warrants in emergency situations. Warrant and First Appearance Hearings are to be scheduled within 48 hours of an arrest, 72 hours if the officer has a warrant at the time of arrest, as is generally required by law.
Please refer to the schedule below regarding court days.
- Civil Cases: Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Dispossessions: Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays
- Evictions: Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Show Cause Hearings: Mondays
- Preliminary Hearings: Wednesdays at 9:00 AM
- County Ordinance Violations Plea Day: 1st Thursday of each month
- County Ordinance Violations Hearings: Will be Announced
- 1st Appearance: Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays at 3:30 PM, on-call Judge on Sunday afternoons as needed.