- Address signs are mandatory for all buildings & structures in Upson County.
- Costs for signs purchased from an Upson County Volunteer Fire Department are:
- 6" x 12" signs = $6.00
- 6" x 18" signs = $7.25
- These signs can contain up to 8 numbers. VFDs are permitted to charge extra for services including hole drilling, sign stands/posts, delivery, etc.
- Residents can obtain an address sign from their Upson County Volunteer Fire Department (VFD). Lincoln Park Volunteer Fire Department does not currently sell signs, but residents can get an address sign from any other VFD in Upson County.
- Single-family residential signs must be located within 20 feet of the intersection of the driveway and road, clearly indicating with which driveway and house the sign is associated.
- Commercial, Churches and Other Non-Single-Family addresses must be located on the front of the building, at least 7 ft. from the ground; and on the primary advertising sign. Both the building and primary advertising sign address must be 7’ up or higher
Upson County Volunteer Fire Department Locations that Sell Address Signs:
Northside Fire Department
620 Jeff Davis Rd, Thomaston, GA 30286
Chief Andy Hay
Rock Hill Fire Department
79 Rock Hill School Rd, Thomaston, GA 30286
Chief Alan Yarbrough
Salem Volunteer Fire Department
103 L C Wonnum Dr, Roberta, GA 31078
Chief Ruben Holston
Thurston Volunteer Fire Dept
4188 Crest Hwy, Thomaston, GA 30286
Chief Richard Hickmon
Yatesville Fire Department
39 Childs Avenue
Yatesville, GA 31097
Chief Billy Lee
Scan the QR Code to access the Upson County Code of Ordinances for more detailed information regarding display of street address numbers.